WordPress Vs Drupal Vs Magento
Today, the best of websites are powered by Content Management Systems (CMS) that allow you to make changes to a website without making any alterations to a code. Moreover, if you can’t afford a customized website but want a new and powerful one, then you need to look no further than WordPress, Drupal, and Magento.
Each of them has their own unique attributes that make them the best choice while setting them apart from others.
One of the most popular CMS in the world, WordPress powers about more than 60 million websites. Being an open source platform, it provides you access to a number of free plugins and themes.
- Extremely easy to install, WordPress can get you a brand new website running in no more than five minutes. Moreover, you don’t need to have any technical know-how to work with this CMS.
- An absolutely free CMS, it offers you more themes and plugins than any other CMS. If you are a beginner, this is the best option for you that also keeps your costs down.
- With so much popularity, its support forum is large that also includes contributors from the general public.
- However, being an easy-to-use framework, you can’t make much structural changes to it without the help of a web developer or designer.
Another most popular CMS, it is used by both small and large sites. Drupal is usually used by web developers for those websites that need complex functionalities to be included. It also has an application development framework that simplifies the developers’ work with its common user interface and easily maintainable code.
- Being less resource intensive, Drupal has faster response times and improved performance compared to other CMSs.
- This free CMS has widely available plugin themes along with other configuration options that make it extremely easy to customize. In case you need to make any significant changes, you can easily edit the root files directly.
- However, you may find it hard to get someone with advanced knowledge of Drupal and unlike WordPress; you don’t have an option to have a site hosted by this CMS itself.
Popular open source software, Magento is a web platform that allows you to build an e-commerce website that is equipped with payment gateways like eBay, PayPal etc. One of the reasons for its popularity is that Magento is an amazing option for mid-size as well as big businesses.
- Magento is extremely easy to use the system but customization is the hardest part with this CMS.
- It has some amazing features including, mobile friendliness, free community edition, SEO tools, analytics, product and inventory management, marketing and administration.
- If you want an e-commerce website on a dedicated platform, Magento is the best choice.
When it comes to choosing the best option, none one of them is wrong. And, if down the road you want to make a switch, it is easy to do so. So, just take your time and choose the one that meets your needs the best.